Sunday, June 24, 2012

City of David

Field Trip to the City of David. 



It is still largely an excavation site but it was a blast!



We walked through Hezekiah's water tunnel which is a winding, narrow (like no more than 2.5 feet across) 175 foot tunnel with no lighting and water up to your mid-calf.


Beginning
Middle
End

At the bottom of the hill are the actual steps of the Pool of Siloam (which is a big deal because almost every actual site of Christ's ministry is buried below the Old City.) This is from John chapter 9 where Christ healed the blind man on the Sabbath and it was a big deal. Said the blind man "Whether He be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see" (John 9:25)


My fashion for the week...socks with sandals!
 Curse my dry, cracked heals!!


The End....



No comments:

Post a Comment